[BSW] Meeting tomorrow + April topic + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Mon Mar 6 12:01:26 CST 2023

Our next meeting will be tomorrow, Tuesday, March 7 at 7pm., doors opening
by 6:45. The speaker will be Dr. Keryn Gedan from the Department of
Biological Sciences at George Washington University.

Title: Sea Level Rise Effects on Coastal Forest
Flier: http://botsoc.org/mar23.pdf
Fuller description:
http://botsoc.org/pipermail/bsw_botsoc.org/2023-February/000526.html

Zoom Link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87026031437?pwd=cll5cUJSUjNJSHc2MWpWeUFMdGorUT09
Meeting ID 870 2603 1437     Passcode 320545

Coming up at our next meeting on Tuesday, April 4
Speaker: Dr. Allie Igwe, Department of Biology, University of Miami
Title: Investigating the Diversity and Function of Microorganisms in
Serpentine and Non-Serpentine Soils

Text of Maryland Senate Bill 62
AN ACT concerning Land Use – Public Service Companies –
Pollinator–Friendly Vegetation Management
https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2023RS/bills/sb/sb0062f.pdf

Sierra Club testimony regarding this bill:
https://www.sierraclub.org/sites/www.sierraclub.org/files/2023-02/HB62_MDSierraClub_fav%209Feb2023.pdf

Wednesday, March 15 -  7pm  - 8:30pm   NPSNJ Webinar
Uli Lorimer, Native Plants for Your Garden:
Creating a Wildlife Habitat in Your Own Backyard
https://npsnj.org/event/wednesday-webinar-uli-lorimer-native-plants-for-your-garden-creating-a-wildlife-habitat-in-your-own-backyard/