[BSW] Tomorrow, Sept. 6 is Members' Night + Pawpaw Talk on Sept. 17

Kathy BILTON kbilton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:39:53 CDT 2022

Members' Night is coming up tomorrow evening, Tuesday, September 6, at
7pm.  I think there is still time to sign up to give a brief
presentation. You can do so by writing to Gabe Johnson at
JohnsonG at si.edu.

The "room" will open about 15 minutes early for a bit of time for some
pre-meeting socializing.

Here is the Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82217427922?pwd=RlZ2SDVEL3hwaW8vdlgrNjU4b01Sdz09
Meeting ID: 822 1742 7922  Passcode:  979948

You may notice that this email is coming from my Gmail account.  I am
hoping that sending from Gmail may solve the problem people with Gmail
accounts not receiving emails from the list.

Archives of the mailing list can be found here:
http://botsoc.org/pipermail/bsw_botsoc.org/

------

Come learn about Pawpaws on Saturday, September 17 in Kearneysville!

.         The largest edible fruits native to North America

.         The curious history of this forgotten fruit

.         Taste premier pawpaws, more American than apple pie

.         A tour of the research orchard

.         Get the scoop on the pawpaw craze

.         A phenomenon now sweeping the world from the US to Europe and Japan

Speakers: Neal Peterson and Rodney Dever
Saturday 9/17:  from 1:30 to 3:00 PM
WVU Tree Fruit Research & Education Center
67 Apple Harvest Ln. Kearneysville, WV 25430

Free. Open to the public

Learn more about pawpaws by visiting http://www.petersonpawpaws.com
and by reading the article The Mad Scientist of Pawpaws at
https://gardenandgun.com/feature/the-mad-scientist-of-pawpaws/.