[BSW] Reminder: Next meeting coming up on Tuesday, October 4

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Sat Oct 1 16:35:56 CDT 2022

As many know, there have been problems with the receiving of mailing list
emails. There has been some possible progress today as support sent a test
email which I received both in my regular email account as well as in my
Gmail account.  So I am hoping others received it as well. But now I am
going to send from my regular address and see whether it can make it into
people's inboxes...

The speaker for our next meeting on Tuesday, October 4, at 7pm will be
Juan Diego Palacio-Mejía, Director of the Tibaitatá Research Center at
Colombian Corporation of Agricultural Research). His topic:
"Economic botany as an option for development in Colombia"

The Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86418795565?pwd=cTZwL3dqYmRxRXBFalExcHlZQ2dDdz09
ID 864 1879 5565   PC  669356

Monticello Park, City of Alexandria, Virginia is most recent inductee into
the Old-Growth Forest Network of Community Forests
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/05/monticello-park-alexandria-virginia/

Trees across the U.S. Face Dire Threats, New Report Shows
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trees-across-the-u-s-face-dire-threats-new-report-shows

‘A growing machine’: Scotland looks to vertical farming to boost tree
stocks
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/01/scotland-vertical-farming-boost-tree-stocks-hydroponics