[BSW] Meeting Next Tuesday, Nov. 2 + Plant Sale + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Thu Oct 28 16:06:00 CDT 2021

Our next meeting is less than a week away!  The meeting will start at 7pm,
but those wishing to socialize a bit beforehand are welcome to log on
early.  The doors will be open by 6:45pm.

Tuesday, November 2 at 7pm - The next BSW meeting
Topic: "Fragrant Antheriums: Do They Really Exist?"
Speaker: Mónica Carlsen
Flier: http://botsoc.org/nov21.pdf

Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89467190324?pwd=N3VqVGFudFZIbkNyMEprSWpLdExTUT09

The Power of Plants    (Story about Mónica Carlsen, our next speaker)
https://thestl.com/culture/the-power-of-plants/

Friday, October 29 - 11am
Afro-Indigenous Histories of Food and Gardening: Garifuna Plant Knowledge,
Past and Present
https://www.nybg.org/event/afro-indigenous-histories-of-food-and-gardening-garifuna-plant-knowledge-past-and-present/

Order Online Now through November 15 - City of Alexandria's Fall Native
Plant Sale
https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/News/Recreation_News/PlantSale2021.pdf

Wednesday November 10, 2:00 - 4:00 pm ET - Plant Conservation Alliance
meeting
TOPIC: Tracking Progress on the Hawaiʻi Strategy for Plant Conservation
https://www.plantconservationalliance.org/meetings

Tuesday, November 23 - 9am EDT (2pm BST)
Linnean Lens: Carl Linnaeus' Species Plantarum and Naming Nature
https://members.linnean.org/events/6143595b6e6949000790922f/description

The recording of last week's "The Benefits of Native Lawn Alternatives in
Preserving Remnant Canopy Trees" presentation to the Virginia Native Plant
Society Potowmack Chapter is available at https://vimeo.com/633860179

The Plant Press - October-December 2021
https://nmnh.typepad.com/files/vol24no4.pdf

Video: Marvelous Mycoheterotrophs: The Beauty and Science of Floral-Fungal
Freeloaders (and other past presentations)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Oqh6nRGx5MKEYqAsZAXLA/videos