[BSW] “Endangered Pine Barrens Communities at Their Southernmost Extent in Maryland” - Tuesday, November 16 at 7 pm

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Tue Nov 16 09:06:56 CST 2021

“Endangered Pine Barrens Communities at Their Southernmost Extent in
Maryland” - November 16, 2021 at 7 pm

Many people have asked what is at stake if the Maglev Superconducting
Railway proposal between Washington and Baltimore is approved.  One outcome
would be that rare plant and animal communities at Patuxent Research Refuge
and Beltsville Agricultural Research Center would be harmed and
irreplaceable natural resources could be lost forever.

We invite you to join the Friends of Patuxent for our annual meeting on the
evening of November 16, with Rod Simmons, plant ecologist and biologist, for
a fascinating exploration of the northern sand barrens at the Patuxent
Research Refuge and Beltsville Agricultural Research Center and learn why
these natural areas are so highly valued and must be protected.

This is a free online program presented in cooperation with the National
Parks Conservation Association, Tuesday, November 16, 2021, at 7 pm.  Please
click on the link below to register.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friends-of-patuxent-annual-membership-meeting-2021-registration-203466452637

Thank you.

Board of Directors