[BSW] February Cacti - 2021 Calendar - Living Landscape - + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Mon Jan 18 21:57:55 CST 2021

For our Tuesday, February 2, Zoom meeting, Lucas Majure, of the FLAS
herbarium, will be our speaker.  His topic: "A Closer Look at the Cacti of
the Antilles Reveals a Complicated Biogeographic History”
https://www.majurelab.org
https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/herbarium/
A flier is here:  http://botsoc.org/feb21.pdf

(Zoom link will be provided later.)

Calendar for the rest of 2021  (more specific titles closer to the meeting
dates)

March 2nd: Doug Ripley - Natural History in Southern Oceans
April 6th: Daniel Nickrent - Parasitic Plants
May 4th: Ivalú Cacho - Caribbean Slipper Spurges
June 1st: Rob Soreng – Grasses
September 7th: Members' presentation night
October 5th: Jordan Teisher - Special Collections at PH
November 2nd: Monica Carlsen - Floral Scents in Anthuriums
December 7th : Outgoing president’s presentation and annual holiday party

Tuesday, January 26, 7:30 P.M. MNPS Program:
Diversity of a Serpentine Grassland at Bare Hills Barrens, Lake Roland
Park: A 20 Year Study
https://mdflora.org/event-4044312

The Living Landscape speaker series
https://u.osu.edu/certify/living-landscape-speaker-series/

The Conservation of Virginia’s Native Plants with Chris Ludwig (Recording
of January 13 program plus resource list)
https://vnps.org/events/the-conservation-of-virginias-native-plants-with-chris-ludwig-via-zoom/

The Hand Lens - Stories from the NYBG Steere Herbarium
http://sweetgum.nybg.org/science/introducing-the-hand-lens/

New issue of the Plant Press (AZNPS) focusing on invasives
https://aznps.com/the-plant-press/

Britain and Ireland have a New Year Plant Hunt - Why Don't We?
https://bsbi.org/new-year-plant-hunt

New Book: "The Botany of Gin" by Chris Thorogood and Simon Hiscock
https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/B/bo68799071.html