[BSW] "Wrong Approach for Stream Restoration"

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Wed May 13 19:05:54 CDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:29:16 -0400
From: Rod Simmons <simmons22041 at gmail.com>
To: kathy at fred.net
Subject: "Wrong Approach for Stream Restoration"

Please see the letter to the editor in this week's Mount Vernon Gazette,
"Wrong Approach for Stream Restoration" pp. 6-7, as to misguided stream
"restoration" projects in our region.

http://connectionarchives.com/PDF/2020/051320/Mt%20Vernon.pdf

It identically applies to the currently planned 1,900-foot Taylor Run
project at Chinquapin Park and First Baptist Church lands (private) in the
City of Alexandria and the currently planned upper Donaldson Run and Gulf
Branch projects in Arlington County, as well as virtually all other upper
headwater stream projects in our region.

Feel free to post to ARMN, TreeStewards, or other conservation and education
list serves.