[BSW] Recently published book about Andre Michaux in North America

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Mon May 11 12:37:35 CDT 2020

Marion Lobstein has had a long-term relationship with Magnolia
macrophylla. 🙂  She recently learned of a book that has just been
published about the botanist who first described this tree, Andre Michaux.
And she's written a short paper about her involvement with this Magnolia
and her subsequent botanical life.   Link to the paper is below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AmbJVPQ3WmV9HLlSOZFw9eHL-b5XXx7E

(A few years ago I brought her a leaf of this Magnolia which I had gotten
from Jean Worthley's property without knowing how fond Marion was of this
tree.  And when I talked to her the other day, she said she still had this
leaf in her office.)