[BSW] Ideas for 1000th meeting sought + another article about James Duke

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Sat Dec 15 13:17:04 CST 2018

In May, the Botanical Society of Washington will be to having its 1000th
meeting!

To celebrate that occasion we are planning to do something different from
our regular meeting and are seeking input from members about how we might
go about commemorating this special day.  It will likely take place on the
weekend rather than on our standard Tuesday evening. So, please think
about this and drop an email to kathy at fred.net with your ideas.  I will
collect them and pass them along to our president, Melanie Schori.

Chris Puttock will be speaking at our January 8th meeting. The general
topic is Milkweeds.  A more specific title will be provided at a later
date.    (Second Tuesday as the first would be New Year's Day.)

Article from HerbalGram, The Journal of the American Botanical Council,
about James Duke:

http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/issue117/hg117-feat-JAD-alifeofbot.html