[BSW] Members' Night Approaching (Sept. 5) + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Thu Aug 24 22:13:33 CDT 2023

Please start thinking about getting in touch with our Vice President, Mary
McKenna (dr.mary.mckenna at gmail.com) if you have a short presentation
you would like to make during the September Members' Night meeting.

Next Meeting: September 5, 2023 at 7pm. "Doors" will open by 6:45.
Several members will be giving 5-10 minute presentations on various
topics.

As in the past, our September "Members' Night" will provide an opportunity
for several members to share some of their botanical travel or research
slides, or to present other short subjects (10 minutes or less) to which
this format is especially suited.

(Link will be provides prior to September 5.)

Friday-Sunday August 25-27, 2023  Charles Town, WV
WV Native Plant Society Annual Meeting and Field Trips
Marl Marsh and Reclaimed Wetland – Historic Claymont Mansion
https://www.wvnps.org/events
https://www.wvnps.org/s/WVNPS-Annual-Meeting-Field-Trips-August-25-27-2023.pdf

Tuesday, September 26 at 7PM
MNPS Monthly Program: Research on Maryland's dying ash forests by Andrew
Bladwin
https://mdflora.org/event-5304015

Maui Fire: Historic Lahaina Banyan Tree Appears to be Scorched but
Standing
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/11/1193204078/maui-fire-historic-lahaina-banyan-tree-appears-still-standing

The Impact of Climate Change on Endangered Plants and Lichen
https://journals.plos.org/climate/article?id=10.1371/journal.pclm.0000225

Biodiversity Resurrected: Forgotten Tropical Plants Rediscovered After
100+ Years
https://scitechdaily.com/biodiversity-resurrected-forgotten-tropical-plants-rediscovered-after-100-years/

The Effort to Restore Joshua Trees after Mojave Wildfire Faces Grim Odds
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/18/1194745302/the-effort-to-restore-joshua-trees-after-mojave-wildfire-faces-grim-odds