[BSW] May 2 Reminder + June 6 speaker and topic + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Fri Apr 28 09:18:29 CDT 2023

The speaker for our May 2 meeting will be:

Dr. Marcela Sandoval Velasco, a Postdoctoral Researcher at the
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=m3KX928AAAAJ&hl=es

Her title is :  An Integrative Palaeogenomic Approach to Study the
Domestication History of Agaves”

Time: 7 pm, with doors opening by 6:45.
Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86378636908?pwd=YXIveGFyMzQyV2E0M0ZZSmtJL095Zz09
Meeting ID: 863 7863 6908   Passcode: 763443

Flier for the meeting: http://botsoc.org/may23.pdf

For summary of talk, see previous message:
http://botsoc.org/pipermail/bsw_botsoc.org/2023-April/000535.html

At the June 6 meeting, the speaker will be Dr. Caren Chang,
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland

Her topic:
Ethylene Hormone Signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana

The trip to Ferry Hill on April 22 had a small but enthusiastic turnout.
People got to see the Shooting Stars in bloom, though they weren't quite
as showy as they would likely have been had we had some rain in the
preceding weeks. Minutes after returning to our cars, the expected rains
began.

Discovery of unusual trillium is botany adventure story
https://www.reflector.com/features/local/discovery-of-unusual-trillium-is-botany-adventure-story/article_29642427-b2af-5dc7-b9f5-88b2823544e2.html