[BSW] Reminder: Meeting on TUesday at 7pm + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Sun Oct 30 17:41:16 CDT 2022

Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7pm (Doors will open by 6:45.)

Note: Our annual Election will take place at the beginning of the meeting.

Mr. N.S. Prasanna and Ms. Rhuthuparna S B, Ph.D. students at Dr. Vinita
Gowda’s Tropical Ecology and Evolution (TrEE) Lab at the Indian Institute
of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, will speak on the topic:

"A Glimpse into the Ecology and Evolution of Gesneriaceae in India"

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83300432865?pwd=WTY3MC9vU1N5Y1RpS0x6QkhGM1h2QT09
If needed: Meeting ID: 833 0043 2865   Passcode: 727022

Digital version of the brand new "Plant Invaders of Mid-Atlantic Natural
Areas, Field Guide"
https://www.invasive.org/midatlantic/fieldguide/index.cfm

Evolutionary Mystery of Harmonious Flower Meadow May Be Solved
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/world/mystery-flower-rhododendrons-china-hengduan-scn/index.html

Scottish discoveries that still brighten our day hundreds of years on
https://www.thenational.scot/culture/23087467.scottish-discoveries-still-brighten-day-hundreds-years/

Taking a look at history of women in botany at Burlington’s Royal
Botanical Gardens
https://www.insauga.com/taking-a-look-at-history-of-women-in-botany-at-burlingtons-royal-botanical-gardens/

A universe of biodiversity and saved by migration: Books in brief
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-03380-6

Why You Should Try Crevice Gardening: ‘This Is the Future’
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/03/realestate/crevice-rock-gardening.htmlElection