[BSW] ⏰ Meeting starts soon ⏰ + newsletter for new Saudi Botanical Society + House for sale in Brookmont

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Tue Mar 1 16:53:28 CST 2022

Our meeting will start at at 7pm (doors opening at 6:45).

Doug Ripley's topic will be "Exploring the South Atlantic and Southern
Oceans: Views of the Flora, Fauna, and Geology of the Falkland Islands,
South Georgia Island, and the Antarctic Peninsula" 🐧🐧🐧

Zoom Link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84202807278?pwd=cDVJZWltQzYrL2tHc1UwaFZrMEVHdz09

>From Emanuela:

I thought that some BSW members could be interested in knowing about this
new Botanical Society, founded in 2020 by Munira Al Hazani, a colleague
(and friend) of mine. I'm trying to circulate its first newsletter, as she
and the rest of the board  would like to get more visibility, especially
here in the US, thanks to the fact that a few months ago they met with
USBG executives and staff.🙂

Here's the link:
https://mailchi.mp/3b4117d2f837/sabs-newsletter-2021-recap

Those interested can join the mailing list to receive updates directly in
their inbox:
https://sabs.us20.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=bc61f05be646f5dd424d55ff1&id=
de7a77b367

>From Jil:

Hi,
If you know anyone who might be interested in this adorable place, please
share. We checked it out yesterday. The owners will direct you to the key
if
you want to take a look. There's a path across the Clara Barton Parkway to
the C&O Canal a few hundred feet from their house.

They planted a lot of native plants in their yard and woukd love the new
owners to be similar minded.

Thanks,

Jil

From: Kathy Daniel <kdaniel20816 at gmail.com>

We are selling our nature sanctuary at 110 Valley Rd, "Brookmont"
Bethesda,
MD 20816 and would love a buyer who will maintain and enhance the 100%
native plants on the property!
http://www.110ValleyRdBrookmont.com