[BSW] Field trip tomorrow + Meeting next Tuesday, April 5 + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Fri Apr 1 07:23:42 CDT 2022

Spring Field Trips Coming Up on the Next Two Saturdays:

Saturday, April 2 - Turkey Run
Saturday,  April 9 - Bear Island - C and O Canal
http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html
-----------------------------------

The next BSW meeting: Tuesday, 5 April, 2022, at 7 PM, doors opening by
6:45

Amalia Díaz Peña will speak about:

The Role of Botanical Collections of the Biodiversity Institute of
Colombia: The Country with the Second Richest Flora in the World

Zoom Info:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86597060780?pwd=dkhtRTV4YTFNQWl6SGhJQm5QMS8wUT09
Meeting ID: 865 9706 0780   Passcode: 611047   By phone: 301.715.8592

Flier:  http://botsoc.org/apr22.pdf

Can we Plant Our Way Out of Climate Change?
by Linnean Society of London - 1:00 PM EDT (18:00 BST)
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/can-we-plant-our-way-out-of-climate-change-tickets-294575391927

British botanist is first westerner to see Rafflesia banaoana, one of the
rarest and largest ‘monster flowers’ in the world
https://www.zmescience.com/science/biology/british-botanist-is-first-westerner-to-see-rafflesia-banaoana-one-of-the-rarest-and-largest-monster-flowers-in-the-world/