[BSW] April 6: Mistletoes + 3 Field trips + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Sat Mar 13 11:49:41 CST 2021

Our next meeting is coming up in a little over three weeks. And prior to
that, we'll have had two of our three spring field trips.

Date:    7pm Tuesday, April 6
Speaker: Dr. Daniel Nickrent, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Topic:   So many mistletoes, so little time!

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89383706660?pwd=dGx3YVFFRkdPVDUxMHZJZnVWMUdSZz09
"Doors" will open at 6:45pm.

Meeting ID: 893 8370 6660    Passcode: 012021 (shouldn't be needed)
Phone: 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Info about the Society's upcoming (March 27, April 3 and April 10)
Saturday fieldtrips can be found here:
http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html
Two to Bear Rocks/Great Falls and one to Turkey run.

Video of Doug Ripley's March 2 talk: "Ilha Formosa – Observations of the
Natural History of Taiwan, Republic of China"
https://youtu.be/fIqzi_PpK94

Friday, March 19 - 7pm - Return of the periodical cicadas: fear,
fascination and fun in 2021 (Maryland Entomological Society Meeting)
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84084904063?pwd=TkY2eHFEYnhwbVBMOTdEbFN0bitsQT09

Monday, March 22 at 7pm - Spring Ephemerals with Ian Caton
https://vnps.org/blueridgewildflowersociety/events/spring-ephemerals-with-ian-caton/
Virginia Native Plants Society's Events page: https://vnps.org/events/

Tuesday, March 30 at 7:30pm
Carole Bergmann: 50 Shades of Green--and Yellow, Pink, Lavendar, White...
Native Spring Wildflowers
https://mdflora.org/event-4153390
Other upcoming MNPS events: https://mdflora.org/events

Watch a Super-Elusive Moonflower Cactus Bloom in This Gorgeous, Rare Time
Lapse
https://www.sciencealert.com/new-time-lapse-shows-a-rare-moonflower-cactus-b
looming-in-all-its-glory

Return of Periodical Cicadas in 2021: Biology, Plant Injury and Management
https://tcimag.tcia.org/tree-care/return-of-periodical-cicadas-in-2021-biology-plant-injury-and-management/

Upcoming BSW Meeting Topics:

May 4th: Ivalú Cacho - Caribbean Slipper Spurges
June 1st: Rob Soreng – Grasses
September 7th: Members' presentation night
October 5th: Jordan Teisher - Special Collections at PH
November 2nd: Monica Carlsen - Floral Scents in Anthuriums
December 7th: Outgoing president’s presentation and annual holiday party
January 4th: John Kress - TBA