[BSW] Reminder - Cacti of the Antilles 7pm tonight + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Tue Feb 2 09:52:52 CST 2021

The February meeting of the Botanical Society of Washington is tonight at
7 p.m.

Feel free to sign in 15 minutes beforehand to socialize.

Zoom link for our Tuesday, February 2 meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89117092317
Meeting ID: 891 1709 2317   By phone: 3017158592

Lucas Majure, of the FLAS herbarium, will be our speaker.
His topic:
"A Closer Look at the Cacti of the Antilles Reveals a Complicated
Biogeographic History”
https://www.majurelab.org
https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/herbarium/
A flier is here:  http://botsoc.org/feb21.pdf

January 2021 Plant Press - includes an article about Harold Robinson
https://nmnh.typepad.com/the_plant_press/

Philadelphia Botanical Club

Meetings begin at 7:30 PM. During the pandemic, all meetings will be held
by Zoom. Instructions for joining the meeting will be emailed to members
on the day of the meeting. Non-members can request that information by
emailing philbotclub at gmail.com by 10 PM the day before the meeting.

February 25
The Lichen Flora of Wickecheoke Creek Preserve (Hunterdon County, NJ)
Dennis Waters

March 25
A Botanical Trip to Kazakhstan
Paul Meyer, former director of Morris Arboretum

April 22
Ethan Dropkin of Larry Weaner Landscape Associates

May 27
Tools for Understanding and Identifying the Flora of the Mid-Atlantic
States
Alan Weakley, Director of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Herbarium, coauthor of Flora of Virginia, and author of Flora of the
Southeastern United States

http://www.philbotclub.org/meeting.html

Topic- rare plant watch list for Finger Lakes
WhenTuesday, March 16 - 7:00pm
https://flnps.org/activities/1471/topic-rare-plant-watch-list-finger-lakes
California Botanical Society
Botany Speaker Series
s://calbotsoc.org/events/

Torrey Botanical Society YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCto734vmsHWfrEAIlcxWWww