[BSW] Field trips on March 28, April 4 and April 11

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Fri Mar 20 10:13:16 CDT 2020

For 2020 we have three Saturday spring field trips planned for plant
walks, two will be along the Billy Goat Trail in Maryland, the third will
be in Virginia at Turkey Run along the George Washington Parkway.

Bring your lunch!  And keep your distance!

Billy Goat trail walks (2): Meet opposite the Old Anglers Inn at 9am for
our plant walk on 28 March and 11 April.

Turkey Run trail walk on April 4: meet at 9am in front of the U.S. Park
Police District Two Station, McLean, VA 22101 off of George Washington
Memorial Parkway.  You can make a left while heading south just past the
signed turn for Turkey Run park (slow down and turn from left lane across
traffic).  People can contact Paul Peterson at 301-412-4212 if they are
running late or need reassurance.  We go for a hike even if raining!

Plant lists, maps, etc can be found here:
http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html

We’ve decided that going on 28 March this year might be better since the
Cherry blossoms are blooming early @20-23 March.  I’ve seen quite a few
plants flowering already, i.e., Lindera benzoin (L.) Blume, Ranunculus
ficaria L. etc.