[BSW] Members' Night Zoom next Tuesday, September 1 + Misc.

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Wed Aug 26 13:35:09 CDT 2020

The next BSW (Zoom) meeting is less than a week away.

As we have been doing for several years at the September meeting, various
members will be giving 5 to 10 minute talks on topics of their choosing.
We always seem to get an assortment of interesting topics.

There are still available slots so please write to Shruti Dube -
DUBES at si.edu - to let her know if you would like to present a short talk
at the meeting.

Date and Time: Tuesday, September 1 at 7 p.m.

An email with the Zoom link will be sent out closer to the date.

The rare plants that ‘bleed’ nickel
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200825-indonesia-the-plants-that-mine-poisonous-metals

The plant response to heat requires phase separation
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02442-x