[BSW] Info about the June 4 celebration at the Arboretum

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Wed May 22 15:47:21 CDT 2019

Info added since last email:

1. We will be able to use the R. St. entrance whenever you arrive even
though it is now generally closed to cars after 2 p.m.

2. Please sign up by Saturday, June 1 to say you are coming and what you
are bringing. Sign-up link is below.

Hope to see you there!

--------------------------------------

All are invited to our special celebratory 1000th meeting which will take
place at the U.S. National Arboretum on Tuesday, June 4.

Here is a page with information about the event:
http://botsoc.org/1000thmeeting.html
(It is linked from the main BSW page.)

Here is a Flier for the 1000th Meeting Celebration which you are
encouraged to print and post: http://botsoc.org/june19.pdf

Schedule:
4:00-5:00p Arboretum walks
5:00-6:00p Social
6:00-7:00p Banquet/potluck dinner
7:00-8:00p Speaker: Dr.Richard Olsen, Director of the United States
National Arboretum

Get there earlier than 4pm to give yourself more of an opportunity to
explore the Arboretum!

Sign up here by June 1 to say what you will be bringing to the potluck:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RBixwitzhqsemzOOoUUW2wi4zwI_u8kzOTWmH-MV72Q/edit

A page for helping out with ridesharing has been set up:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0sc8E4AHfTKE3yaM2A4gPKz8cjuW35hhETXtikfRgI/edit
(It is also linked from the main sign-up sheet.)

Directions to the U.S.N.A.:
https://www.usna.usda.gov/visit/hours-and-directions/

The Arboretum's mobile app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/u-s-national-arboretum/id1200874950?mt=8