[BSW] BSW field trips 6, 13, 20 of April 2019 all meeting at 9am on Saturday mornings

KATHY BILTON kathy at fred.net
Sun Mar 24 18:33:53 CDT 2019

For 2019 we have 3 spring field trips planned for plant walks. 2 will be
along the Billy Goat Trail in Maryland, the 3rd will be in Virginia at
Turkey Run along the G.W. Parkway.

Bring your lunch!

Meet opposite the Old Anglers Inn at 9am for our plant walk along the
Billy Goat trail on 6 and 20 April.

On 13 April we do Turkey Run, meet in front of the U.S. Park Police
District Two Station, McLean, VA 22101 off of George Washington Memorial
Parkway.  You can make a left while heading south just past the signed
turn for Turkey Run park (slow down and turn from left lane across
traffic).  People can contact me at 301-412-4212 if they are running late
or need reassurance.  We go for a hike even if raining!

Plant lists, maps, etc can be found
here:   http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html

We’ve decided that going on 30 March this year might be a little early.  Not
many plants flowering yet and it appears next week may not be very warm.
Cherry blossoms are projected to peak @ 5th April now.