[BSW] Letter regarding planned Metro station at Potomac Yards in Alexandria

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Thu Sep 13 13:02:12 CDT 2018

Via Rod Simmons:

FYI - great effort by Jeremy.  Yet another excellent case study as to the
City of Alexandria's and Arlington County's zero regard for meaningful
wetlands, waterways, and forest protection and requirements.  This is just
as applicable to D.C. and Maryland suburbs as well (I'll let others
comment on similarities with Loudoun, Fairfax, and Prince Williams
counties, Virginia).  Feel free to post the letter at the link below on
Facebook pages if you think it useful.  This is a corollary to the two
very well attended programs earlier this year of the Virginia Native Plant
Society and the Maryland Native Plant Society.

At some point, as we all very well realize, this nonsense has to change
before there's nothing left of the once-thriving natural world in northern
Virginia and vicinity.  Currently, the completely out-of-touch and
clueless are making all the wrong decisions.