[BSW] 3/15 Rally for EPA - Lichens - Field Trips - Botanical Symposium

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon Mar 13 11:02:35 PDT 2017

The next BSW meeting will be on Tuesday, April 4 at 7pm.  The speaker will
be Manuela Dal Forno.  She will be speaking about lichens.  A link to a
flier for posting will be sent out when the flier is available.

No foolin', I neglected to note the date of the proposed Turkey Run trip
in an email sent last week. It's to be on Saturday, April 1.

See the Field Trips page for details about the 3 upcoming spring field
trips: http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html

The 15th Smithsonian Botanical Symposium will take place on Friday, May 19
at the USBG.
http://botany.si.edu/sbs/

With Scott Pruitt's confirmation as EPA Administrator, President Trump and
Congress have put politics and big corporate polluters above the health
and safety of our families. That's why next Wednesday, March 15 at 11:30
a.m., we will rally in support of EPA employees and the good work they do
to protect our environment.

Who: AFGE National Vice President Eric Bunn, AFGE members, union members
and other environmental activists
What: A rally in support of the EPA and all they do for the environment
Where: EPA Headquarters
300 block of 12th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
When: Wednesday, March 15 at 11:45 a.m.
Attire: AFGE blue & gold, layers for warmth
RSVP & Contact: Appollos Baker, appollos.baker at afge.org

(AFGE = American Federation of Government Employees)
  https://www.afge.org/