[BSW] Field trip Sunday, July 9 + NPS activity at Carderock

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Tue Jun 13 13:31:14 PDT 2017

There is now a summer field trip on the docket for Sunday, July 9 at 8 a.m.
going to the same area where we have been having spring field trips,
namely the Bear Island area near the C and O Canal, with parking across
from Old Angler's Inn.

Note that the meeting time is 8 a.m. which takes into account the
likelihood of there being more people vying for parking during the summer
as well as nigher temperatures.

http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html

Next meeting: Members' Night on September 5

Some may be interested in this relatively new (4 yrs?) native plant
nursery out in Loudoun: http://www.watermarkwoods.com/

Below is an email written by the president of the MNPS regarding goings-on
at Carderock to Emily Hewitt who is the Volunteer Program Manager for the
park.