[BSW] Very sad Worthley news

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon Apr 10 14:08:31 CDT 2017

This morning I received word that BSW member Jean Worthley had passed away
overnight. Jean had not been active with the BSW in recent years, but it
was at a 1990 BSW dinner that I first met Jean and Elmer Worthley. She had
continued to have the botany class at her house that Elmer had started in
the '70's after he died in 1991.

It was after the most recent class that I sent out the message beliow to
the class. You can see a number of videos with "Miss Jean" from her 1970's
Hodge Podge Lodge days on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUUAgRaac99S2ikytnXf7Zg

Sent Thursday, April 6 to the Worthley Botany Class:

Last Saturday, Jil and Warren brought a Maryland Naturalist from 1991 to
class in which there is a several page recollection of Elmer written by
Dave Lee. You can see it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/os1z1tj9xwa5sj6/Elmer_Worthley.pdf?dl=0

Jil and Warren each had an article in the same issue.

Warren's on Ironclad beetles can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u7qf1tpynun8ws/warren.pdf?dl=0
And Jil's on seed dispersal in ants is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rus9x3wjq0bu0n8/jil.pdf?dl=0