[BSW] See several messages below regarding the Norton Brown Herbarium

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Sat Oct 22 18:43:19 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:30:09 +0000
From: Rod Simmons <Rod.Simmons at alexandriava.gov>
To: Potowmack_Chapter VNPS <vnps.pot at gmail.com>,
     Botanical Society of Washington <BSW at botsoc.org>
Subject: Re: Norton Brown Herbarium

For those interested in lending support to the Norton Brown Herbarium - an
invaluable local institution for many years - it's probably most effective
for organizations to write the dean and individuals to email the dean and cc
Dr. Murphy.

Also, notes of encouragement for maintaining the collection, as well as the
importance and relevance of herbaria and natural history curricula, are most
effective if they're supportive and encouraging - not recriminatory.