[BSW] Plant Senior Scientist- San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research (fwd)

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon Nov 30 23:32:17 CST 2015

>From Pat Ford:

The Plant Conservation Division at the San Diego Zoo is partnering with the Center for
Plant Conservation and looking to fill a joint position for a Senior Scientist to guide
and expand our research program. There is information in the job announcement about both
the position and this new partnership (but I've included an overview below). We're
hoping to find someone with a Ph.D. and experience in applied conservation. We'll be
considering people from academic, botanical garden, or other not-for-profit backgrounds.
Interested parties can apply at

https://www.hrapply.com/sandiegozoo/Setup.app and contact John Clark at
jclark at sandiegozoo.org for more information.

San Diego Zoo Global (SDZG), in collaboration with the Center for Plant Conservation
(CPC), is seeking an experienced and engaging professional scientist to join our team as
the Senior Plant Scientist for SDZG with a dual appointment as Director of Science for
CPC (here after “Sr. Scientist”). This dual appoint position is a senior leadership role
in the CPC and will lead the joint SDZG-CPC plant conservation research program and
serve as a manager, mentor and advisor to our rapidly growing team of plant conservation
professionals. The ideal candidate will possess a solid plant conservation research
background and illustrate proven experience in leading conservation teams while securing
ongoing funding for their research. Additional desirable attributes include experience
in conservation project planning and management, software and technology used in
conservation today, science communication, managing federal grants and other complex
funding, and a proven ability to work with partners with a variety of backgrounds,
education and experience.

See this file for more information:
http://botsoc.org/SrScientistAnnouncement.docx