[BSW] Announcement -Flora of Virginia wins CBHL Literature Award

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon May 5 16:39:41 CDT 2014

>From Robin Everly:
I just got back from The Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries (CBHL) annual meeting in Richmond, Virginia.  I have been a member of this group since 2003 and annually we give a literature award to books we find top notch in our field.

This year that award went to the Flora of Virginia which won our 2014 CBHL Annual Literature Award.  The authors were at the reception so it was great to meet them.  I was able to share with them that the Smithsonian Libraries' copy of the flora has been in continuously circulation since the library received its copy.  That to me is a sign of an important book/flora.
I will share the press release with the group when it is issued.

Robin

Robin A. Everly
Branch Librarian, Botany-Horticulture Library
Smithsonian Libraries
National Museum of Natural History
Room W422, MRC 154
P.O. Box 37012