[BSW] Details on Holiday dinner and December talk

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Thu Oct 31 19:27:09 CDT 2013

Dear BSW Membership,

I looked into a holiday dinner at Aria Pizzeria and Bar this year and costs
came to $70.00 per person.  Paul, Rob, Vicki and I have decided to try a
holiday pot luck here at the Smithsonian.  We will need a minimum of 30
members to contribute.  Details are in the flyer which can be found here:
http://www.botsoc.org/dec13-1.pdf

We can discuss more at the November meeting, but time is limited and I
wanted to get this information out as soon as possible.

My December talk will be about the society, its history and some of the past
members.  I’m looking for photos and photographic images for my power point
presentation.  Please contact me if you have any information you think I
might like to use for my presentation (EverlyR at si.edu)

And other news…

BSW annual membership dues are now due to Paul Peterson.  Still $10 per
person and $15 per couple.

Karen Redden, Associate Professor at UDC and Research Associate in the
Department of Botany, NMNH has accepted the nomination for Vice President
for 2014.  I hope she will be able to attend the November meeting and
everyone will get a chance to meet her there.

I look forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday

Sincerely, Robin Everly

Robin A. Everly
Branch Librarian, Botany-Horticulture Library
Smithsonian Libraries
National Museum of Natural History
Room W422, MRC 154
P.O. Box 37012
Washington D.C. 20013-7012
Phone: 202-633-1685
E-mail: everlyr at si.edu
Website: http://www.sil.si.edu/libraries/bothort/

Smithsonian Libraries:  Connecting. Ideas. Information. You.