[BSW] Next meeting June 4 + deadline for Joint Field meeting is May 15

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Tue May 14 09:38:52 CDT 2013

Paul Peterson will be the speaker at the June 4 BSW meeting.  His topic
will be: Botany in Tanzania: marafiki watatu

A flyer will be available soon.

I was just thinking about the Joint Field Meeting and when I looked for
information for it discovered that tomorrow, May 15, is the deadline to
register.

>From the Philadelphia Botanical Club's website:

June 9-13 (Sunday to Thursday): Joint Field Meeting (BotSoc), Adirondack
Mountains, New York

The Joint Field Meeting is sponsored by the Botanical Society of America,
the Torrey Botanical Society, and the Philadelphia Botanical Club. The
2013 meeting, exploring the unique botany of the Adirondacks, will be
based in Warrensburg, New York.

Program: We will be car pooling to close-by areas including the famous ice
meadows which are the place to see the most native plant species in New
York. Other trips will be to the State University Forestry Field Station
with its unique forest and graminoid areas. Another trip is planned for
Lake George, along the shore at Tongue Mt. This trail has limey areas with
rich botany. There will be speakers for the four evening programs.
Housing and meals: The basic fee for meals and room will be $360 per
person. Accommodations will be in two-person cabins with half baths but
with showers in a separate building. We will have a few cabins with full
baths, on a "first come, first served" basis.

Meeting Chair: Ed Miller, 518-421-6677 or Millered430 at gmail.com
Registration and additional information: Download the invitation and
registration form. The registration deadline is May 15.
http://darwin.ansp.org/hosted/botany_club/docs/botsoc2013.doc