[BSW] NatureServe's Biodiversity Without Boundaries Conference: Last day for early bird registration rates

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Fri Mar 8 17:01:08 CST 2013

>From Anne Frances:

NatureServe’s upcoming conference, Biodiversity Without Boundaries, will
be held in Baltimore, MD from April 14-18. The event, co-hosted by the
Maryland Natural Heritage Program and sponsored by ExxonMobil, Chevron,
The Nature Conservancy of Maryland and Virginia, and others, will feature
more than 100 interactive workshops, panels, and plenaries.
Conference page: https://connect.natureserve.org/BWB2013

Early bird registration rates end today, March 8th.  Visit
http://www.natureserve.org for more information.

Highlights include:

A full-day symposium focused on challenges and opportunities for
landscape-scale conservation

A regional track focusing on biodiversity science and climate change
adaptation in the  Chesapeake Bay watershed

Emerging tools and technologies for guiding business policy and land
management decision-making

Expected attendees include:

· Representatives from over 20 government agencies—past attendees
have included representatives from the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the
EPA, Department of Defense, the USDA Forest Service, National Park
Service, the Bureau of Land Management, Army Corps of Engineers, NOAA, and
the US Geological Survey, plus local state Departments of Natural
Resources and provincial agencies.

· Corporations – past attendees have included representatives from
Chevron, Weyerhaeuser, Rio Tinto, Esri, ExxonMobil, Cengea, and Booz Allen
Hamilton.

· NatureServe scientists and staff from our 80 member programs and
offices in Canada, United States, and Latin America.

· Other non-profit conservation organizations and leading academic
institutions

Feedback from past BWB conferences has shown that well over 90% of the
participants rate the event as one of the most high-impact, informative
and useful conferences that they attend. It fills an important niche
between academically focused meetings and policy focused conferences. BWB
brings together such a diverse mix of participants, with a sharp focus on
the science that guides effective conservation action, and plays a central
role in the NatureServe network’s ability to deliver on our mission. This
conference serves as our most important venue each year for introducing
innovations, knowledge transfer, training and coordination. It is also the
venue in which more than 100 of our partner organizations spend focused
time with us to share their own conservation challenges and solutions,
thus strengthening our future collaborations.

We hope you will join us in Baltimore.

Anne Frances, Ph.D.
Lead Botanist
NatureServe – A Network Connecting Science with Conservation
4600 N. Fairfax Dr., 7th Floor | Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 908-1804 | Email: anne_frances at natureserve.org |Skype:
anne_natureserve
http://www.natureserve.org
CFC #10299