[BSW] Reminder: Mark your calendar for December 4th for the annual BSW banquet!

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon Nov 26 13:51:48 CST 2012

This is a reminder that a week from tomorrow is the annual BSW holiday
banquet.  The deadline for reservations is this Thursday, the 29th.  If
you have not yet sent in your check and are planning to come, please email
Paul Peterson to let him know: PetersonP at si.edu

Mark your calendars and make your reservation now for the annual BSW holiday
banquet!

It will be taking place on our regular meeting night, December 4th, the
first Tuesday in December, at the Aria Trattoria
(http://ariapizzeria.com/about.html) where we have gone the last several
years.

The bar will open at 6 pm, with dinner then served at 7 and the Presidential
Address given at 8 pm.

Christopher Puttock's talk is entitled:
“Oaks of Washington DC and beyond – What’s queer about Quercus?”

Here is the banquet reservation and 2013 dues form:
http://botsoc.org/2012_BSW_Banquet_Form.doc

and a poster for Chris's talk:
http://botsoc.org/Oaks_of_WDC_Poster.pdf

There is a firm deadline for getting your reservation in to Paul of
Thursday, November 29, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could send
it in A.S.A.P. so that we will know how many people are planning to attend.

Website for restaurant:  http://ariapizzeria.com/about.html

Parking is available in the building and can be validated as long as you
enter the garage after 4 pm.  A photo ID is required to enter the parking
garage and vehicles will be screened upon entry.