[BSW] October 2 - Topic: Field Book Project + MISC events

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Thu Sep 20 11:10:55 CDT 2012

The next BSW meeting is coming up on Tuesday, October 2.

Carolyn Sheffield, Project Manager, Field Book Project will be discussing
the project and highlights from the project.  We will have a few items on
hand as well.

See the project's webpage at: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/fieldbooks/

After the presentation, we have a number of things to discuss: Larry
Morse's memorial service, mugs/gifts for the speakers, future officers,
etc.

A flyer for the meeting will be available soon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Other upcoming events:

Our president, Chris Puttock, will be speaking to the Maryland Native
Plant Society on Tuesday,September 25, on the topic: Oaks of
Maryland-What's Quirky About Quercus?
http://www.mdflora.org/events.html?eventId=540173

The MNPS fall conference is coming up soon: Saturday and Sunday,
September 29-30, 2012 http://www.mdflora.org/fallconference.html

Natural Areas Conference Oct. 9-12 in Norfolk
http://www.naturalarea.org/12conference/

Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival
October 5 - 7, 2012
Based in Cape Charles, Virginia, the Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife
Festival is the perfect opportunity to experience the wonders of
wildlife—from the keynote presentation by America's leading
ornithologist/illustrator and author of the Sibley Guide to Birds - David
Allen Sibley - to unparalleled guided tours, boat trips, nature hikes and
much more. http://www.esvafestivals.org/