[BSW] Shale barrens trip led by Edd Barrows after Ice Mountain

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Fri Jun 8 09:39:13 CDT 2012

>From Julie Moore:

Edd Barrows has kindly volunteered to lead a trip after lunch to shale
barrens sites in the vicinity of Ice Mountain that he studied some years
ago. As he described the 'tour,' we will stop several places where shale
barrens can be accessed from a public road, then continue north into
Maryland and on to Green Ridge State Forest for more shale barrens
botanizing. Then head back in the direction of Washington on I-68. I
would anticipate that folks could leave the group at any time in the
afternoon if you need to get home quickly.