[BSW] Tuesday, April 3 - Blueberry genetics + April 7 field trip

Kathy Bilton kathy at fred.net
Mon Apr 2 21:36:41 CDT 2012

The next field trip is this coming Saturday, April 7. We will meet at 9
a.m. in the parking area across from Old Angler's. Map to area:
http://bit.ly/GWojnl Also see http://botsoc.org/bswfieldtrips.html

We had no issues with parking on the trip this past Saturday.  The upper
lot is open on the weekends. In case of difficulty or late arrival, Rob's
cell number:  240-855-5551

Tuesday, April 3 at 7 PM

Daniel Bell will be speaking about Maine’s low bush blueberry (Vaccinium
angustifolium ) fine scale spatial genetic structure.

Meeting location: Cathy Kerby Room (Room CE-340), Smithsonian Institution,
National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. and Constitution Avenue NW,
Washington, DC. Use the Constitution Avenue entrance; wait to be escorted
up. All are welcome. As usual, light refreshments will be served prior to
and after the presentation.

Pre-meeting dinner: 5:30 P.M. at the Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant,
1201 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington. Phone 202-347-7707. The
restaurant is diagonally across from the Old Post Office Pavilion at 12th
and Pennsylvania, a few blocks from the Museum, with Federal Triangle the
nearest Metro station, and Metro Center also nearby.