[Botsocwash] (BSW) Reminder: Meeting tomorrow, Jan. 2 + MISC.

Kathy BILTON kbilton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 20:44:27 CST 2024

Our first 2024 meeting is coming up tomorrow, Tuesday, January 2. The
meeting will start at 7pm with "doors" opening by 6:45.

Speaking will be Harlan Svoboda, Ph.D., the curator of the Herbaria at the
U.S. National Arboretum. His topic: "The Enduring Legacy of the USDA's
Botanical Explorations"

Flyer: http://www.botsoc.org/jan24.pdf

Zoom info:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88263702830?pwd=d3lWendTcVVyVGNJdUh1MTZvdjhmZz09
Meeting ID: 882 6370 2830   Passcode: 196891

Meeting # 1044

The guardian tree: The birthplace of Carl Linnaeus
https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/the-guardian-tree-the-birthplace-of-carl-linnaeus

Leesburg-area landowner donates historic 85-acre plot to become a park
https://wapo.st/47jI2xW

Gardeners sound the alarm about unwanted guests lurking in your local plant
nursery: ‘Should be heavily regulated’
https://www.thecooldown.com/green-home/invasive-plant-species-nurseries-study/

[MAIPC] We need your help for invasives legislation!
http://lists.maipc.org/pipermail/maipc-maipc.org/2023-December/002735.html

Peak District: More than 31,000 trees planted to tackle ash dieback - BBC
News
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-67544873

Park trees to be felled in fight against ash dieback spread - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-66936238

Harnessing the Moonseed Plant’s Chemical Know-How
https://wi.mit.edu/news/harnessing-moonseed-plant-s-chemical-know-how