[Botsocwash] (BSW) December 5 Holiday Potluck + Dues + November 7th Recording

Kathy BILTON kbilton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 16:37:29 CST 2023

Plans are afoot for us to have our first in-person meeting since March,
2020. We'll be having a Holiday Potluck on Tuesday, December 5, at the
museum in W-33. This is the room where we had been meeting prior to things
shutting down in March 2020.  (Of course, everything depends on whether the
museum will be open.)

Gabe Johnson, our outgoing President, will be giving the Presidential
Address at 7pm. This will be a hybrid presentation so that those unable to
attend in person will be able to see the presentation on Zoom.

Here is the Google Doc where you can sign up to come to the December 5
Holiday Potluck:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9VAyUPNYcqcnC9e9FX0gxKzDefqO55K1QxvKCpUNwo/edit

*Please sign up by Tuesday, November 28th* in order that your name be given
to Smithsonian security. There will be a list at the door and your name
will need to be on it for you to be able to get in.  It is requested that
in addition to your name, you say what organization (if any) you are with
and also whether you are a BSW member or a guest.

Zoom link will be provided at a later date.
           * 2024 is approaching and Dues will soon be due!*    Information
below.

The recording of Dr. Ryan Folk's November 7 presentation:
Nitrogen-Fixing Symbioses in a Challenging World: Insights from Large-Scale
Ecological Modeling
is available here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/uc1qotqRHOsgFQpOERlU0tEKOLH2dygyv227OPLwQ
_s31hXadwUD3bJcFbypjlRF.AkrSH0FFDJXIh3Vi [us02web.zoom.us]
Passcode: @$w!1n at G

 *                 2024 is approaching and Dues will soon be due!*

There are three ways to pay 2024 Dues, $10 for an individual or $15 for two
at one address.

1) Mail check payable to Botanical Society of Washington and send to:
    Paul Peterson, 4520 Cheltenham Dr., Bethesda MD 20814

2) Pay by cash or check in person when you come to the potluck.

3) Pay using Venmo: Paul Peterson: @BotSoc-Wash

Instructions for those new to Venmo:

1. Set up Venmo app on your phone
2. Link to method of payment, such as a bank account or credit card
3. Select pay
4. Enter  @BotSoc-Wash on the Add Recipients line
5. Enter dollar amount, such as $10 or $15
6. Enter  Dues  on the What's it for line
7. Select  Pay  and follow instructions, if you have more than one bank
listed you are prompted to select one or the other

You actually do not need to use Paul's name. All you need is the Venmo
name  @BotSoc-Wash. If you search Paul Peterson in Venmo you will see the
Botanical Society of Washington logo taken from the coffee mug and the
Venmo name @BotSoc-Wash.

There are no fees if you use your bank  account; there is a 3% fee if you
use a credit card.